MAALL 2018 Annual Meeting Call for Proposals
Closed for program proposals. Extended for poster proposals through Aug. 1, 2018.
design by Hannah Alcasid, Electronic Information & Data Support
Technician, Ruth Lilly Law Library, Indiana University.
Join your colleagues Oct. 11-13 at the 2018 MAALL Annual Meeting in Memphis and explore ways to Develop a Winning Strategy.
The conference theme encompasses developing both strategic initiatives and an energizing, collaborative work environment. How are you planning and assessing library services and collections? What kind of win-win relationships have you developed to further your mission? How do you infuse your work with creative thinking or a sense of meaningful fun? How are you strategically approaching budgeting, teaching, marketing, or collection development?
Please help us make this another exceptional conference by submitting a program or poster session. Anyone may submit a proposal, regardless of MAALL membership status. Presenters are required to pay the conference registration fee.
Any topic of interest to law librarians is valid. Theme connections may include
- Undertaking strategic initiatives
- Planning and assessing
- Developing search strategies
- Developing win-win relationships
- Developing personal skills and strategies for success
- Incorporating creativity and play into your work
- Identifying rules and patterns
- Predicting environmental influences and future events
See also specific topics suggested by members.
Program sessions can be 45 or 60 minutes. Programs can follow a variety of formats. We encourage audience engagement — idea sharing, question and answer, small group discussion, etc.
Consider the following formats:
In addition to programs, we are also seeking posters.
- Speaker(s)—One or two people present on a topic or idea.
- Panel Discussion—Three to five speakers each present briefly on a topic, may be moderated.
- Roundtable—Small group discussion of a topic proposed by a moderator.
- Salon—Similar to a roundtable, a moderator chooses a video/book/other media and discussion points, and all attendees participate in the conversation.
- Ignite—Four to six speakers with short, timed presentations. All speakers have a central idea, each presents, followed by discussion.
- Poster—Convey your ideas visually. Posters will be set up for attendees to view on their own, and there will also be a scheduled poster session when presenters will be on hand to discuss the poster content.
Please complete the proposal form
by April 30, 2018
. Extended for poster proposals through Aug. 1. Submit using Poster Proposal Form.
Please contact a member of the Program Committee to ask about the submission process, seek suggestions for potential contributors, or get additional information:
Stay in touch!
MAALL on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MAALLibraries
Conference hashtag: #MAALL18
Hope to see you in Memphis this fall!